As with other professions there are certain rules and regulations otherwise called do’s and dont’s in the blogosphere. Since blogging is a game of content creation and creativity most bloggers end up violating these rules; therefore putting themselves in a tough situation.
Like I’ve already stated blogging is a game of content creation so many bloggers commit attrocities that get them into a mess with Google and other search engines and as a whole their blogging career. In this post I’ve listed and explained what is regarded as good practices in blogging and what is regarded as bad practices.
The Big Do’s and Dont’s in Blogging
1. Avoid Copying another blogs content; this is a public warning that has been sounded as an alarm over and over again by Google and other premium blogging tips blogs but yet most bloggers either out of laziness or ignorance still fall victim of this particular warning; so if you aspiring to be a blogger or already a blogger make sure you stay away from copy paste because it’s very dangerous and can damage your blogs future both In ranking on search engines and monetisation.
2. Write Long, Quality Contents: this is a common problem most bloggers face; some bloggers find it difficult to compose what we call quality content i.e. an article that has 600-2000 words. But it’s a necessity if you want visitors to enjoy your blog and if you want your blog to be SEO friendly. If you doubt this however, type in a keyword on Google and check the websites that rank first position or second position you’ll see that the articles are usually lengthy… Yes that is what Google regards as quality content.
3. Publish Content Regularly: Research has shown that blogs that do well on search engine or that Google prefers are blogs that are frequently updated with fresh intriguing content. The best thing is also that visitors also love blogs that are frequently updated, so to make a good brand, publish regularly on your blog and when I mean regularly, I’m not saying go to Google and pick up another blogs content and upload to yours just to keep updating regularly instead make out time for your blog and write a lengthy, quality and neat post devoid of spelling errors, grammatical blunders etc. While doing this however, don’t forget that quality surpasses quantity.
4. Don’t focus on your blog design: yes, I must confess that this is where I fall short seriously, I care much about my blog design and that I have observed has made me waste alot of time on irrelevant things.. I think since I started blogging I’ve changed my theme close to 60times; I’m not exaggerating it’s the truth and it’s terrible I must say… That is why I’m advising any body who wants to blog to forget blog design and focus on writing good, quality and lengthy content that will be of use to visitors.
5. Don’t Blog for passion alone, Blog for 💰 Money: yes in most blogs they keep saying you’ve to blog for passion, but I disagree with that though not fully because the reason why I joined blogging was because I loved the feeling of been called a website owner and been able to get viewers and been the boss😅 but as I kept progressing I decided to venture into blogging for money and I’m happy and moving well towards that direction. So I’ll advice any intending blogger reading this post not to blog because of the sake of blogging alone but don’t have money at the back of your mind when starting a blog because blogging is not a rich quick scheme, money comes gradually but I believe what motivates people to be better is the reward behind the act… So while blogging also think of money because money believe it or not is the fuel that keeps every activity going in this world we are in.
6. Don’t focus on search engine traffic alone: most bloggers will tell you to do keyword research, do search engine that, d search engine this but deep down they know that’s not all blogging is about. I’m not saying it’s not good to do SEO but do it secondarily, if you have money boost your social media presence because moreover some top blogs only focus on social traffic and they are making it big more than those focusing on search engine traffic … Check for example Yabaleftonline ; the blog focuses on social traffic and it’s a top blog in Nigeria when it comes to entertainment, so while blogging make sure you strengthen your social traffic whilst optimising your blog for search engines.. so that you won’t lose out.
7. Choose a Good Niche: many bloggers make mistakes of niche selection when creating blogs and in the long run that makes them feel blogging is an impossible game… So if you are an intending blogger make sure you select niches that are fit for your country, don’t select a niche that people don’t search regularly or people aren’t interested in… That’s the life of a blog, if you select a bad niche you might never be able to stand until you quit … In Nigeria for example the trending niche is entertainment, if you want to blog it is advisable that you go for what visitors want to read or are interested in, don’t go for a niche people aren’t interested in because it’s not people from another country tht will visit your blog it’s most likely your country people.
8. Don’t scam your Visitors: this is another area bloggers fail woefully; most bloggers scam their visitors thinking they’ll hit and run not knowing the aftermath of such act… Even if your blog was accepted by opera news and you keep posting fake things to draw visitors in the long run you’ll post something that is genuine and no body will care to visit.. your blog reputation will be destroyed and you end up quiting, so to avoid these make sure what you post on your blog has been tested and confirmed to be working or true if a news blog. Blog with passion, take your visitors as yourself and check how you’ll feel if it were you.
9. Don’t backlink with a low quality website or Blog: backlinks should be quality and not quantity I’ve discovered that, so if you want to build backlinks do that with a high profile website by guest posting or creating profile backlinks of forums like Nairaland. Don’t go to every website and drop comments with the aim of getting backlinks… Some are spammy and will do little or nothing to your site.
10. Blog for money but not because of money; yes! This is confusing but it’s true, don’t blog because of the money you’ll get instead blog for the money you are looking forward to getting. There is a difference and it’s clear…
Stick to the above and be a successful blogger, though I’m not yet successful but I’m on the road to being very successful in blogging and I think you should too.
Do you want an article like this written for your blog? Simply chat this number 08134947740 on WhatsApp or click HERE to contact us on FB
#search Tags: Do’s and Dont’s in blogging, how to be a pro blogger, how to become successful in blogging,