Once you have subscribed for a Netflix plan, you get the chance or freedom to lock your Netflix profile with a pin to prevent people who use same account as you from accessing the videos you watch or your downloads. This is one of the interesting features of having a Netflix account that many people have not been able to utilise.
Netflix encourages users to share their login details with friends or family members in the same household, but what if there are videos or movies you have been watching that shouldn’t be seen by people in same household as you?
For the sake of protecting user’s privacy, Netflix introduced the option for one to lock his or her Netflix profile with a pin and in this post, we are going to find out how to lock your Netflix profile with a pin to avoid unauthorised access or a breach of privacy.
Why is It Necessary to Lock your Netflix profile with a Pin?
- To protect your privacy – if you shared the Netflix login details with friends who are not in same household as you, then locking your own profile is a step in the right direction as you wouldn’t like everyone to see the movies you are yet to watch completely and the ones you often watch.
- To prevent tampering with your downloads. Depending on the plan you subscribed to, Netflix allows certain accounts to download movies, some people especially users who share their profile with others may like to protect their downloads from unauthorised access thus the need to lock one’s Netflix profile.
- To feel secure a bit – there is this form of security that comes with knowing your own private space is secured from all access. Locking your Netflix profile with a pin provides you that innate satisfaction.
How to Lock Your Netflix Profile With A Pin
If you would like to put a lock or safeguard your Netflix profile with a pin, then you should visit the Netflix website via netflix.com
- Login to your account, click on the account section to see all account settings, the plan and billing details.
- Scroll down till you see the profiles on active on your Netflix account, then click on the drop down menu showing on your own profile.
- You will see option to enable profile lock. Click on it and you will be prompted to enter your Netflix password to confirm the action, enter the password and proceed to setting your 4-digit pin.
- Your Netflix profile precisely will be locked and anyone trying to watch or access the profile would have to enter the pin even if he or she has the Netflix account password.
That’s all for how lock your Netflix profile with a pin. Feel free to share and join our telegram channel for more interesting contents.